Every time I go to Starbucks I have to order their Lemon Pound Cake.
It's super delicious! It's like that cake that melts in your mouth, it tastes really refreshing with a lemon cake center, and tangy sweet icing to top it off.
Seriously, if you haven't tried it, YOU MUST. It goes great with both their hot and cold beverages.
So, because I love that cake so much, I decided to recreate it!!
Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake:
1 box of yellow cake mix
4.3 ounces of instant or cook and serve Lemon pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces sour cream
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 2 loaf pans generously with cooking spray.
2. Place all cake ingredients into a large bowl or electric mixer.
3. Beat ingredients until well combines, about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Divide cake batter between two prepared loaf pans spreading evenly. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing loaves from pans.
5. While cake is cooling, prepare icing, place powdered sugar into a large bowl. Drizzle in lemon juice stirring until smooth and thick. Should be a good drizzling consistency.
6. Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing. Otherwise slice while still wet if desired.
I found this recipe from Picky-Palate !